RV weekend- Route 66 KOA Eureka, MO. June 23-25 '17

Well Grandpa (me) kind of messed up this weekend. I had booked the KOA close to our home so the grand kids could come and spend the day and night with us. The KOA on Route 66 has lots for kids to do. However I only found out that no one was coming after we had arrived. Oh well, another weekend to lay around and relax. June has been for relaxing on the weekends and we still have two more weekends booked in a row to go. 


 We got the RV set up around 5 pm on Friday night at the campground
The KOA is located on the historic Route 66 hwy so they had lots of memorabilia in the campground along with the caboose, they had an old gold panning sluice that kids could actually pan for gold! 

 I have been on the Isagenix 30 day weight reduction plan this whole month, so tonight I made Vicky eat what I was eating, which was a turkey burger and salad. LOL! it didn't last all weekend for her as Saturday night I fixed her a filet mignon with baked potato


 This weekend had absolutely fabulous weather, even a bit chilly at night. Temperatures in the high 60's with a breeze to keep any bugs off
The next day Vicky actually had to go and babysit for a while and that left me to clean and scrub the inside of the RV. I polished all the cabinets and just tried to make myself useful.

There is plenty for the kids to do. (above) they have a train that pulls the kids around the campground and a huge bounce house (below) that they can play in all day.


The pool is actually heated so it is great for the kids and adults 

you can rent all different types of bikes to peddle around the campground 
While walking around we spotted this tear drop trailer from Florida with a fantastic paint skeem
(Front)
 (back)

When it got a little later they had hay rides pulled by the tractor. Friday night they had movie night (Zootopia) in the open air pavilion. They also had other activities all day. There was tie-dying t-shirts, and model rocket painting and launching. 

 Saturday night was ice cream social followed by Bingo. Guess who needed a couple of scoops!


 Sunday morning was more of the same for me. Enjoying the perfect morning with some tea and my TGOC mug before getting everything ready to return home
We will reschedule another weekend when everyone can come! 

Found this in the gift shop this weekend. Perfect expression of our RV and hammock trips

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super great place for the kids. You will have another chance to get them all out there, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Because of spammers, I moderate all messages. Your comments should be posted shortly- Thank you

Support Our National Parks - Preserve - Protect - Enjoy