Forney Ridge Volunteer Work, GSMNP- September 2009

Trail Work-
How do you think the nice trails you walk on get built. Hard working professionals do it, in all weather. Christine had to go back to work on Wednesday, so I went with her to try and help, but the weather was just terrible. Strong wind and rain all day. Even with the conditions they managed some impressive work.














They do like volunteers, I just collected rock and tried to stay out of the way



















I hiked to the end of the trail, Andrew's Bald, for the view... hehehe















A hard days work for everyone, and this is the result... its not pretty, but the trail is

A 360 degree view from Andrew's Bald.. some of the heaviest rain I have hiked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, I moderate all messages. Your comments should be posted shortly- Thank you

Support Our National Parks - Preserve - Protect - Enjoy