Another Round of TGO Training

Trying to get in as many miles that work and family will allow before leaving for Scotland.  A few more miles today around Indian Camp Creek, which is just down the road from us. 

It was a great day, including a nice cool breeze. I can do this trail in my sleep, but I tried to loop around to wring as many miles out of this loop as I can.

This was 7.8 miles in about 2 hours and 44 minutes with a full pack minus what will be about 3 days of food, so not bad, just need to find time to go further.  

This field will be filled with Spring flowers soon



Indian Camp Creek 

It has rained the past couple of nights, so I wanted to get out when the trail was less than ideal. Parts of the trail today where just like a river and lots of mud.

More of Indian Camp Creek 



Spring daffodils coming up 





I scared four really large white tailed deer, this little guy was the only one that didn't bolt away and since he was curious, I took his picture. 

more very little spring flowers trying to come up

Trying to add some miles, I detoured by the old homestead exhibit



Dutchman's Breeches 

Daisies? 

Jack in the Pulpit sprouting ? 

On the western most section of trail, the recent wind had knocked a couple of trees down across the trail. The horses and bikes will find this obstacle tough until removed. 


This section also has some great pine groves to walk through

The large lake with the children's playsets 

The beavers have been hard at work 

Only a small bag of trash today, a good sign, but the big crowds will arrive with the warmer weather! 


Today's walk 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of spammers, I moderate all messages. Your comments should be posted shortly- Thank you

Support Our National Parks - Preserve - Protect - Enjoy